Sunday, February 12, 2012

Up and At 'Em


I hate it when I wake up 4 hours before my alarm is supposed to go off and I can't go back to sleep.

Actually, I don't think that's ever happened before until this morning. Usually if I wake up in the middle of the night I can fall back asleep.

It's not so easy now because my sleep schedule is all messed up because of shift work. I adjusted to working nights pretty well. I ate healthy foods that gave me energy, I didn't just drink coffee for caffeine, I also drank lots of green and black tea, and I used an eye mask to help me get to sleep during the day. What I didn't count on was how hard it would be to switch back to days.

I have recently discovered pinterest and I've found a lot of healthy recipes for smoothies that I want to try, and healthy meals that I can make ahead of time and take with me to work. I'm hoping that a veggie-packed sandwich and a peanut butter and apple snack will get me through this day.

If you have to work unpredictable hours (moms, I'm looking at you), what are some of your tips for getting yourself to sleep when you have to, and powering through the day when a nap isn't an option?

Trying to shine,

1 comment:

  1. Gah! That would be brutally frustrating! I always have a problem on the other end where I shut everything down plenty early with the intention of getting a good night sleep and I end up laying in bed, staring at the ceiling. I think I put too much caffeine in my body, so it's hard for me to really "shut down."

    I hope you get your schedule figured out so you can be well rested!

    ReplyDelete